It’s every seller’s nightmare. You log on to eBay’s marketplace and discover your account has been suspended until further notice. Why? What? How? These are the question we hope to answer for you. First off, don’t panic! Ok, let’s go through the details of eBay suspensions.
WHY?: 6 Reasons your account might be suspended
- Non-payment of eBay fees
- Not reimbursing eBay for a refund made to your buyer
- A serious violation of one of eBay’s rules and policies
- Your account information cannot be verified
- A high transaction defect rate
- Failing to resolve cases in the Resolution Centre
There are other reasons that your account might get suspended however, these are the most common.
During a suspension you can’t bid, buy, sell, leave feedback, create new listings or revise existing listings
WHAT?: The 3 types of eBay suspension
Hold: The least serious, your account can be put on hold due to minor issues such as a late payment. Accounts on hold are reinstated as soon as the issue is fulfilled.
Restriction: Account restrictions are more serious than holds. Restrictions are reserved for accounts that don’t meet eBay standards. eBay sellers must meet minimum eBay standards. Accounts that continue to ignore these standards will be restricted. Restricted accounts may find that eBay lower their ranking in search results. eBay may also restrict you from selling certain items.
Suspension: This is the harshest form of account penalty. Account suspension means you, in short, are completely banned from using eBay. Account suspension is reserved only for serious violations such as selling illegal merchandise or banned products. It is also important to note that Seller account suspensions are usually permanent.
The average suspension period is 7, 10 or 30 days depending on the severity of the suspension
Temporary blocks can also be placed on your account if eBay believes that your account may have been hacked.
HOW?: The way to reinstate your account
If your account is on hold, restricted, or suspended, eBay will send an email and a message to your eBay account explaining why and what needs to be done to reinstate it. Most accounts will automatically be reinstated as soon as this is sorted out.
- Serious suspensions can be overturned if proven it was a misunderstanding.
- In the event of any account suspension it is best to try to speak to eBay to reinstate your account.
- We suggest that you do not register a new account. This is because eBay will also suspend other accounts matching any information that they have for you. This will in turn make the situation worse and you might find that a temporary ban becomes a permanent one!
Still unsure why your ebay account keeps getting suspended?
Getting suspended can be an extremely stressful situation especially when eBay is a key revenue stream for your business. Molzi has experience in sorting out the sort of hiccups that lead to these situations. We make sure you spend more time thinking about new revenue streams rather than worrying about losing them! Moreover, we usually save you more than we cost you!